Planning a Disney trip can be exciting. Here are several ways to save money and still have a magical experience. Here are some tips to help you save money on a Disney trip:
1. Use a Diamond Earmarked Travel Agent who can help you Plan and Budget:
- Early Booking: Plan your trip well in advance to take advantage of early booking discounts and promotions.
- Set a Budget: Determine your budget and stick to it. Allocate specific amounts for accommodations, food, and souvenirs.
2. Travel During Off-Peak Seasons:
- Avoid Peak Times: Travel during off-peak seasons when crowds are smaller, and prices for accommodation and tickets are generally lower.
- Weekdays vs. Weekends: If possible, visit the parks on weekdays when the crowds tend to be smaller than weekends.
- Discounted Disney Resorts: If you prefer to stay on-site, have your travel agent look for discounts and special offers on Disney resort accommodations.
- Stay Off-Site: Consider staying at a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel. Many off-site accommodations offer free shuttles to the parks.
- Multi-Day Tickets: Opt for multi-day tickets, which often have a lower daily cost compared to single-day tickets.
5. Food and Dining:
- Meal Plans: If staying at a Disney Resort, consider Disney Dining Plans, which can save money on meals and snacks.
- Pack Snacks: Bring your snacks and refillable water bottles to avoid buying expensive snacks inside the park.
6. Souvenirs and Extras:
- Budget for Souvenirs: Set a souvenir budget and encourage children to spend within that limit. Purchase them their own Disney gift card, they will be more conscious if they are spending their “own money”.
- Memory-Making Photos: Instead of purchasing individual photos, consider Memory Maker, which offers unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos. Pre purchase in your resort package to save money.
- Free Disney Transportation: Use Disney’s complimentary transportation (buses, monorails, boats) instead of renting a car or using rideshares.
- Driving: If you’re driving, consider off-site parking options that might be cheaper than parking at the Disney parks.
8. Entertainment and Activities:
- Free Activities: Take advantage of free entertainment options like parades, shows, and character meet-and-greets.
- Plan Your Shows: Schedule your shows and entertainment in advance to avoid impulse spending on additional attractions.
9. Promotional Discounts
- Your Travel Agent Will Look For Current Promotions: Your agent will apply any Disney promotions at time of booking and after if applicable.